(Senior) Process Engineer
Wärtsilä | Finland, Vaasa
Wärtsilä Marine Business enhances the business of its marine and oil & gas industry customers by providing innovative products and integrated solutions that are safe, environmentally sustainable, efficient, flexible, and economically sound. Being a technology leader, and through the experience, know-how and dedication of its personnel, Wärtsilä is able to customise solutions that provide optimal benefits to its customers around the world.
Fuel Gas Supply Systems, a product line in Marine Gas Solutions, is developing, managing, marketing, selling, and delivering complete systems for liquefied natural gas (LNG) as fuel for ship systems. Our products are the Gas Valve units (GVU), and the LNGPac. The GVU is the engine specific unit for gas pressure control, and safety of the fuel gas feed, and the LNGPac is the ship system for LNG storage, feed, safety, and bunkering. Our customers are a wide variety ranging from LNG carriers to cruise vessels.
Our engineering team is responsible for the installation specific design of units and complete systems as specified in the customer delivery Contracts.
We are looking for a (Senior) Process Engineer in our LNGPac engineering team. The position is located in Vaasa or Turku, Finland or Gdynia, Poland.
As a (Senior) Process Engineer, you will
- Make and manage product specific design and calculations for customer delivery Contracts
- Manage thermodynamic calculations related to cryogenic systems
- Manage fluid flow and pressure drop calculations
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment within LNGPac
- Make and review operating and functional procedures
- Participate in the complete documentation work flow
- Understand design guidelines, both internal and international standards, and comply with the Contractual requirements
- Ensuring cost efficient and safe design
- Cooperate with internal and external engineering organisations
- Cooperate with external fabrication units and external vendors
- Act as process engineering expert in customer meetings and safety workshops
- M.Sc. in Process or Chemical Engineering
- Several years of process engineering experience required for Senior Process Engineer
- Solid knowledge and experience in the marine business, shipyard way of working and with cryogenic and LNG technology/equipment/design
- Solid knowledge and understanding of marine classification societies, IGF code and maritime rules and regulations
- Gas fuel system, gas engine and GVU design knowledge of Wärtsilä brand portfolio is considered as a benefit
- Good English knowledge - both oral and written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an international team
- Good cooperation abilities
- Experience with Autocad P&ID/Plant 3D P&ID
- Experience with tools like Aspen Hysys, MatLab, COMSOL and similar are seen as advantages
- Experience with Wärtsilä Engineering Tools is seen as advantages
- Willingness to travel
- Familiarity of HAZID, HAZOP is seen as an advantage
We offer an international work environment with shaping the future of gas as a marine fuel and having a direct impact in improving the environment. Wärtsilä Fuel Gas Supply System is a growing and profitable organization giving you the possibility to explore and develop environmentally friendly shipping solutions. Wärtsilä offers also good healthcare program for it’s employees. In this position, you have possibilities to develop your technical and business skills in an interesting, challenging, dynamic and international working environment.