(Senior) Process Engineer HyCO
Air Liquide | Germany, None
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The Senior Process Engineer HyCO is an engineering professional whose role is to participate in the design of a process unit, to establish process design basis, to perform process calculations, to develop process options and optimization of selected design. He/she applies advanced engineering techniques and shall perform work independently. He/ she must have a high level of understanding the workflow during project execution and it influence on the success of the project.
- The Senior Process Engineer HyCO can be assigned to perform work on a different stage of product development: starting from proposal, feasibility study, through basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering up to commissioning and start-up.
The main tasks are:
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s) and process data sheets for equipment and instruments.
- Design of equipment eg. pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, columns etc.
- Elaborate process control items, calculate and specify instrumentation items, calculate and specify safety items and correctly interpret the calculations results
- Ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and standards, and good engineering practice
- Actively contribute to planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Maintain effective communication with superiors, other team members, project team members, clients and vendors
- Answer technical inquiries, make technical recommendations, provide process troubleshooting, and develop process procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement of a technical area.
- Take initiative in making decisions within established procedures and guidelines.
- Successfully completed engineering studies in the field of process engineering or mechanical engineering
- Professional experience in large-scale plant construction of an internationally oriented company
- Sound knowledge of process engineering and familiar with process simulation tools (preferably ASPEN Plus)
- Very good knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms or MS-Office
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Structured and independent way of working
- High level of commitment and ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work abroad