ExxonMobil | India, Bengaluru
The Bengaluru Technology Center Process Engineering Group is building a world class team of Process Engineers, with demonstrated design/operations experience and technical/business judgment capabilities, to support all phases of the Facility Lifecycle:
- Conceptual Engineering (Concept Selection, Preliminary Front End Engineering Design [Pre-FEED])
- Project Execution (FEED and Detailed Design/EPC, Start-up)
- Operations (Troubleshooting, Debottlenecking, Optimization)
Successful candidates will lead/be part of a team supporting a wide variety of projects and/or operating facilities, ranging from: small brownfield projects to major capital projects, greenfield to brownfield, onshore to offshore, sweet to sour designs, conventional oil and gas to LNG and downstream Refining and Chemicals.
Process Engineers will be responsible for the following:
- Conceptual Engineering:
- Executing Facility Concept Selection and Pre-FEED
Capable of leading capital project development or design efforts through the company Capital Project System
Leading or as part of an integrated team, develop scope definition for various facility concepts and analyzing/recommending results to maximise business value. Ensure full alignment of recommended scope with Business Teams, Manufacturing Site/Operations, Process Technology Specialists and Engineering Specialists providing design input to cost estimating models.
- Develop required deliverables: Process Simulation models, Equipment Lists, Flow Diagrams (Block, Process, Utility), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Equipment Data Sheets, Layouts, Design Philosophies, Heat & Material Balances, Design Basis documentation, Optimization/Cost Reduction studies, Benchmarking facility design against previous projects / operating facilities
- Provide mentoring, oversight and perform technical reviews of the work of less experienced process designers, ensuring delivery of quality and capital efficiency while meeting schedule requirements
- Engineering Execution:
- Providing Engineering Surveillance of Facilities/Process Engineering deliverables required for FEED and Detailed Design/EPC execution.
Ensuring compliance with job specification, design methods and safety factors are correctly applied in the design.
Providing operability reviews for start up, normal, turndown, and shutdown modes.
Establishing design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Operations Support:
- Providing onsite and remote support to operating facilities to troubleshoot equipment/processes and debottlenecking for increased production
Troubleshooting includes: heat exchangers, oil and gas separators, acid gas treatment units, produced water treatment units, process control systems, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, with GPA 7.0 or above
- Minimum of 8 years of process engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- Strong background in oil and gas production facilities or Refining and Chemical facilities, with demonstrated experience in some of the following process areas, across a substantial portion of the full Facility Lifecycle:
Conventional Onshore and Offshore Oil and Gas
LNG (Regasification and Liquefaction)
Sour Oil and Gas Treatment
Produced Water Treatment
Associated Utilities and Safety Systems
Refining and Chemical Process Technologies / unit design / operations
Owner / site / manufacturing plant experience preferred
AspenTech Engineering Suite including HYSYS, Aspen Basic Engineering, Aspen Capital Cost Estimator
AVEVA Engineering Suite (Front End Engineering through 3D Modeling)
Intergraph / Hexagon Engineering Suite
Other similar types of commercially available engineering suites
- Leadership directing work execution and work flow improvements
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior process engineers
- A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Strong organizational, planning/coordination, interface, and technical judgment skills.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to interface with non-Engineering disciplines to achieve common objectives
- Willing and able to travel internationally as required