Responsibilities / Duties
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Engineering Work Process Discipline.
- Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Creates engineering deliverables including – Mass and energy balance models, process flow sheet, P&IDs, equipment lists, equipment sizing, heat transfer models, overpressure protection and process safety requirement outputs.
- Ensures that the process design is safe, meets DOW LPP’s and other EH&S requirements.
- Ensures process design deliverables meet the needs of the project: functions as intended, on time and within budget.
- Drives project execution within their discipline at local and remote sites.
- Provides input to project schedule and plans, then monitors progress against the plans.
- Identifies technical problems both within designs and existing operations. Appropriately engages the business and functional technology center and the subject matter expert network to resolve.
- Acts as a technical resource for production engineers, maintenance, and reliability. Brings fundamental process engineering knowledge to troubleshoot and improve processes and control.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience in chemical process design and/or projects is preferred.
- Completed Fundamentals of Engineering exam or Professional Engineer Certification is preferred.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others