Senior Process Development Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Branchburg
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifies and develops scale-up process technologies for manufacturing chemical and specialty gas products used by customers in the semiconductor industry
- Develops Definition of Technology (DoT) Package which includes details on process design, process equipment design, instrumentation and control, and safety aspects of the process being scaled up
- Designs suitable test protocol as needed following design of experiments (DOE) principles to verify and validate the effectiveness of the process technologies being developed and supervises the execution of the tests in a safe and efficient manner
- Analyzes and documents the results of the experiments conducted in a coherent and timely manner
- Act as a technical resource to the other engineering functional groups, R&D and Marketing & Sales groups to provide appropriate technical information in a timely manner
- As needed work with external vendors, contractors and consultants and other resources to effectively and efficiently move the developmental projects ahead
- Acts as a mentor to entry level engineers and technicians
- Successfully completes all assigned trainings.
- Responsible for interfacing with stakeholders across multiple functional disciplines to understand business processes, define system requirements, identify data sources and work with a technology team to complete the development life cycle.
- Successfully completes all required training.
- May be on call nights/weekends depending on business needs
- Experience with transferring chemical syntheses and purification technologies from R&D into a production environment, and optimizing existing small-scale production.
- A PhD in chemical engineering with at least two years of relevant experience listed above OR an MS in Chemical Engineering with at least seven years of relevant experience listed above
- Highly trained and experienced in fundamental chemical engineering principles and knowledgeable in standard procedures for safe gas and chemical handling.
- Demonstrated technical experience and expertise in process design, process equipment design, instrumentation and control, and technical writing.
- Highly experienced and skilled in developing PFDs, mass and energy balances, P&IDs, equipment designs, control strategies, operating procedures, preventive maintenance guidelines and cost estimates from scratch.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated abilities to work with others including R&D and plant personnel as well as demonstrated skills to mentor and provide guidance to entry level engineers and technicians.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed