Senior, Principal, Specialist Subsea Pipeline Engineer
Subsea7 | UK, London - Sutton
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Provides specialist skills in key areas of subsea pipeline engineering, including mechanical and integrity calculations for offshore pipelines according to relevant design codes.
- Independently evaluates, organizes and prioritises his/her work, providing regular feedback to the Lead / Discipline Manager on workload and requests for additional support.
- Has responsibility for production of his/her own deliverables and responsibility over packages, which may include rigid pipeline in-place design calculations, specifications, material take-off, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Understands clients' needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions by proposing innovative solutions that enable cost & risks reduction.
- Understands the interfaces or the discipline scope within project environment.
- Actively participates to tender/project risk assessment and assess mitigation.
- Represents the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a technical capacity.
- Interfaces with Supply Chain Engineers and Product lines for adequate procurement of line pipe and other products.
- Provides engineering assistance during mobilisation and occasional periods of offshore or site working where required.
- Actively participates in training to pursue their continuing professional development.
- Train and mentor junior and Graduate engineers
- Participates to discipline continuous improvements and creates, develops and/or validates tools.
- Operates within standardised engineering policies, processes and systems in the Business Management System (BMS) and Knowledge Management Centre guidelines.
- Fosters external interface and stakeholders’ network with subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activities
- Collaborates closely with internal stakeholders such as Project Engineering Managers Engineering Discipline Managers Other Engineering Departments and Engineering project personnel, Supply Chain Management and HSEQ project personnel onsite missions, Offshore Managers and Supervisors
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- The Role would suit a candidate from a range of backgrounds including Pipeline, Mechanical, Structural, Geotechnical Engineers.
- Prioritise, organise and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Can effectively work as a team member across multiple projects.
- Sound communication skills in English.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of subsea pipeline design, fracture mechanics or finite element analyses acquired on-the job or via a PhD
- Engineering experience within the Subsea industry
- MSc or PhD in STEM subject or equivelant
- Previous experience with Python coding
- Membership to a relevant Professional body