Senior Pre-Commissioning Engineer
Key Internal/External Interfaces:
- Within the Company: -
- Project Manager
- Project Engineering Manager
- Project Engineers in charge of flowline and umbilical installation scope
- Support Sections such as subsea remote intervention/ROV, structural engineering, drafting etc…
- Operations personnel
- Commercial, Contractual and Procurement Teams
Outside the Company: -
- Pre-commissioning subcontractors and suppliers
- Client project representatives
- Third party project representatives (Subsea Production System and Topside Contractor)
- Verification and Classification Societies and other relevant Institutions.
WORK RELATED OUTCOMES
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS & DELIVERABLES
The following description gives an overview of the specific job position and requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Key areas of responsibility include management of subcontractors/suppliers, project engineering, and offshore representation.
- Assist with the engineering associated with the pre-commissioning activities under guidance direction from the project engineering manager.
- Review and familiarisation of Company required scope of work, drawings, project specifications and standards related to pre-commissioning work scopes.
- Review project subsea structure design (valves, connectors, bends, tees etc.) to ensure pigging and hydrotesting feasibility.
- Develop specific project pre-commissioning method statement including overall philosophy, MDR (list of procedure and as-built documentation deliverables)
- Identify the pre-commissioning personnel and equipment list requirement including consumables and spares.
- Prepare scope of work and Purchase Requisition (PR) for the pre-commissioning subcontract of umbilicals & flowlines and any required specifications for pre-commissioning equipment such as pig launcher/receiver, pigs, flanges, hot stab connectors etc.
- Assess and selection of pre-commissioning subcontractor.
- Assist the project team with developing the pre-commissioning offshore schedule.
- Participate in project budget forecast.
- Review/approval of pre-commissioning subcontractor project specific procedures and equipment spread. Ensure compliance with the required scope of work and specifications.
- Participate in the development of any required Company mechanical completion/facilities handover system database.
- Coordinate internal and external technical interfaces with project team, pre-commissioning subcontractors, vessel/platform personnel, client and third-party contractor and report on status of work, potential delays, problems, etc.
- Participate in project risk analysis review, constructability review, HIRA sessions, operation readiness review and safety workshops, regarding pre-commissioning activities.
- Attend site survey (platform and vessel) to review pre-com equipment deck layout & utilities requirement and any required Site Integration Tests (SITs) and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Attend subcontractor equipment review prior to mobilisation (function test, check equipment certification and calibration package)
- Ensure subcontractor equipment and personnel are mobilized according to the offshore operation schedule.
- Follow-up pre-commissioning activities on the work site and report to the offshore construction manager. Ensure that all work is performed consistently in accordance with project procedures and to the highest technical and safety standards.
- Overseas travel during engineering and offshore installation phases, as required. Ensure that safety issues are addressed during the installation engineering.
- Promote quality and safety culture with subcontractors/suppliers
- Capture and record pre-commissioning lessons learnt during and on completion of the project (engineering phase and offshore operations).
- Ensure as-built documentation is received from subcontractors and generate project close-out report including lessons learnt, as-built schedule/precom activity duration and close-out of subcontract including invoice review.
- Manage pre-commissioning budget and CTR during project engineering phase with adequate resources for the Scope of Work and project deadlines.
- Review of COMPANY project scope of work
- Prepare Technical Scope of Work (TSOW) to potential Subcontractor for quotation. Review, clarify and compare proposals.
- Develop pre-commissioning plan, qualifications, schedule and budget including required equipment spreads.
- Attend Client technical clarifications meeting, as needed
- Define pre-commissioning execution CTR
- Identify main risk associated with the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Naval Architecture or Ocean/Marine Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Languages: Fluent in both written and spoken English (essential). Spanish and French is an additional plus.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in similar position in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably an installation Contractor. Offshore construction and installation experience on shallow water/deepwater projects.
- Candidate should have a strong background and hands-on experience with offshore pipeline and umbilical pre-commissioning engineering and project execution.
- Strong experience in pipeline flooding, hydrotesting, cleaning/gauging and dewatering is required. Good experience with umbilical monitoring & testing will be a plus.
SPECIFIC AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Main categories of pre-commissioning areas of expertise are as detailed below:-
- Pipeline and flexible flooding, flushing, cleaning, gauging and hydrostatic testing
- Pipeline vacuum/filling
- Pipeline caliper/intelligent pigging.
- Pipeline dewatering, chemical conditioning/drying and nitrogen inerting
- Buoyancy can de-ballasting
- Flexible annulus testing
- Topside nitrogen/helium leak testing
- Pig detection, leak detection
- Umbilical monitoring and testing (hydraulic pressure testing, electrical and fiber optic testing)
- Umbilical chemical displacement/flushing
- Mechanical completion/facilities handover system database management
The Senior Subsea Pre-commissioning Engineer could also be involved in the following additional activities:
- FATs (Factory Acceptance Testing)
- SITs (Site Integration Testing)
- Riser and umbilical pull-in activities
- Installation support