Senior Piping Stress Engineer
- Lead a group of piping stress engineers to deliver quality solutions to large and intermediate projects.
- Plan tasks and resources to meet quality and schedule objectives of projects.
- Understand customer and project team requirements of safety, quality and schedule and incorporate the same in the design by communicating with the stress team.
- Prepares sketches and independently performs pipe stress calculations.
- Technical evaluation of all engineered supports & produce/ check datasheets for engineered pipe supports
- Provides technical guidance and coordination of manpower, including remote locations.
- Periodic evaluation of work done by less experienced engineers
- Carry out field visits, meets with clients to discuss technical issues and evaluate options for resolution
- Delivery of engineering deliverables to support concept, scheme and detailed design for manufacture.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Supervises and directs the activities of other personnel working on one or more projects.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, etc.
- Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by their team.
- Communicate / present complex technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineering personnel.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the assigned team in the areas of stress analysis and support selection
- Work with the global pipe stress technical network to influence technology and work processes
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- A Masters or a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with excellent academic record
- A minimum of 15 years of experience on stress analysis of process plant piping in a reputed consultancy / design engineering / EPC organization engaged in Oil, Gas, Power & Petrochemical industries.
- Candidates should be familiar with the industry norms, International Codes and Standards specific to the field of working.
- Have in-depth knowledge in stress analysis and associated software including Caesar II.
- Adequate knowledge in piping layout, static / dynamic analysis, design/ selection of supports, springs, hangers etc.
- Able to perform dynamic analysis (time history, spectrum analysis), AIV studies etc.
- Knowledge of FePipe(Nozzle pro, FeSIF etc.,)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate well within the team as well as with other discipline personnel.
- Willing to travel on business trips to plants and engineering offices
- Must be a self-starter, shall be able to foresee problems, and possess the commitment to meet tight schedules with quality.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others