Senior Piping & Layout Engineer
- Carrying out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as necessary on your appointed projects.
- Represent the project and liaise with the client as required.
- Signing drawings and documents as originator/checker in accordance with corporate and project procedures.
- Ensuring the quality, technical accuracy and content of all project piping deliverables.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards.
- Adhering to engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes toward engineering design, including raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities.
- Implementation of Piping CAD and Engineering functions and tools to ensure quality of deliverables within assigned project / area.
- Preparing for and running project design reviews, including management and close-out of actions relating to Piping & Plant Layouts.
- Reviewing vendor quotations, preparation of technical quote evaluations and submission of vendor recommendations in conjunction with the Materials Management Department. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries.
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering reviews with vendors of piping bulk materials, valves or special items as required.
- Provide relevant knowledge and practical support to site activities, such as site visits or surveys and vendor, contractor, or client site-related queries and discussions.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject, and preferably a member of a relevant professional body or institution.
- In-depth engineering experience in the critical process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a contracting company.
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC, with a focus on offshore upstream.
- Proven site experience on several design and construction-based site assignments.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of Piping & Plant Layout design and engineering, including layout concepts, piping design and routing, pipe stress analysis and materials engineering.
- Understanding and experience in the use of intelligent CAD systems on projects.
- A proactive approach to resolving technical issues, the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and strong communication skills.