Oceaneering | UK, Aberdeen
- Provide technical leadership and authority in Subsea / Pipeline Integrity Engineering, designating work where applicable to junior engineers within their technical capabilities. Review and check junior engineer output
- Provide pipeline support to our clients which includes inspection / maintenance activities for subsea integrity management of pipelines, risks and infrastructure in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract
- Develop and maintain all relevant subsea / pipeline documentation
- Preparation of inspection and corrosion data for input in RBA reviews/and(or) client presentations and meetings
- Assist with the implementation of Integrity Risk Management Process aligned to the Strategic Performance Unit (SPU) Risk Management Process
- Produce Inspection Strategies and implement for pipelines, risers, ESDVs etc.
- Input to the production and ongoing management of asset annual inspection plans and client planning process compliance
- Define monitoring data requirements for pipeline integrity and review and interpret monitoring results, review and advice on pipeline re-analysis requirement
- Carry out appropriate assessment or investigations of reported defects, report any anomalies and highlight any areas of concern to the appropriate client focal point. Advise the client when conditions present any immediate threat to integrity
- Coordinate third party inspection contractor activities and progress and resulting recommendations, e.g. the results of ESDV operational closures and leakage testing
- Write accurate and concise reports which review, analyse, and trend integrity management and inspection data and provide informed recommendations for repair strategies
- Develop strong relationships internally with the integrity management team and externally with Clients, Contractors and offshore personnel to ensure excellence in delivery and an effective integrity service
- Undertake offshore, site visit or surveys as required
- Promote the use of innovative methods or specialist technology to provide a more efficient service
- Assist in the review and maintenance of Oceaneering processes and procedures for all aspects of floating systems
- Lead, develop or input to bids and proposals in support of global operations
- Support the Business Development function in the identification and development/delivery of marketing to prospective clients
- Support the Line Manager in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management including budgets/forecasting/CTRs
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline e.g. Mechanical, Subsea, etc
- Masters degree in related subject e.g. Subsea, Mechanical
- Award of professional engineer status within local region e.g. CEng/EUR ING/PE
- Offshore medical and survival certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Specific experience related to the job description
- Demonstrated understanding of subsea practices, related legislation and codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering and corrosion management
- Understanding of inspection and NDE methods relevant to pipeline / subsea inspection.
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures