Senior Packaging Engineer
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Executes sales and marketing retail strategy for packaging and supports the product & packaging roadmap for new growth opportunities.
- Manages the design and specification of packaging materials for lubricating oils, fuel additives, engine coolants, and specialty products. Leverages supplier capabilities to develop all physical specifications and handling requirements related to packaging materials in the Americas and International Supply Chain.
- Leads and supports efforts to optimize packaging demand across proprietary and 3rd party facilities to reduce supply chain costs while maintaining reliability.
- Oversees packaging supply chain to ensure specifications are met among 3rd party suppliers, proprietary, and contract plants.
- Works with Marketing, Procurement, and Operations to deliver competitive cost and scheduling terms for proposed materials and specifications.
- Efficiently maintains and optimizes packaging Bills of Materials (BOM) process for the ISC network using digital tools.
- Develops and manages quality monitoring and assurance processes with packaging suppliers across the network. Identifies and investigates packaging related failures and recommends appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinates supplier optimization plans across the network and leverages the Procurement group to negotiate cost savings opportunities.
- Provides project management support for capital or expense packaging projects to drive improvement at scale. Develops cost and schedule forecasts and implementation plans.
- Grows org capability on packaging material and packaging line equipment within operations for proprietary plants to improve reliability, ensure quality, and reduce costs.
- Develops programs to improve packaging reliability and efficiency and assist with plant continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Works with other technical resources within packaging to develop and support a packaging reliability shaping plan to improve reliability, improve costs, and reduce likelihood of failures.
- Supports effort to reduce GHG emissions in packaging from a materials standpoint.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Packaging
- 5+ years of experience in packaging design, packaging specification, and packaging sustainability
- 3+ years of operational and maintenance experience in packaging equipment (technical)
- Leadership Behaviors - demonstrates strong behaviors around building relationships, gaining alignment, and delivering results.
- 3+ years of experience around digital applications and data analysis/visualization
- 3 + years of experience in network cost savings initiatives (aka, value engineering, lean sigma, continuous improvement, and competitive performance)