Senior Mechanical/Piping Engineer
Worley | Azerbaijan, Baku
KEY Accountabilities Of Position:
- Coordination and implementation of mechanical engineering activities.
- Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Develop positive client and project relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring graduates and inexperienced engineers and designers.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry and/or Petrochemical Industry.
- Experience with static finite element analysis (FEA) software for designs not covered by code rules.
- Working knowledge of AIV and FIV calculations and assessments.
- Has design and fabrication experience with ASME VIII Div.1 and Div. 2 pressure vessel, column and heat exchanger and has used PV Elite and Nozzle pro software. Experience in checking fabrication drawings.
- Familiar with API 579 fitness for purpose calculation of static equipment and piping.
- Design fabrication and construction experience with API 650, API 653 fixed and floating roof large storage tanks including limit state analysis of roof structures. Experience in checking fabrication drawings.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3 above ground piping design.
- Has experience with specifying, sizing and the procurement and installation of the following gas compressors; API 617 Centrifugal, API 618 Reciprocating, and API 619 Screw compressors.
- Experience with sizing, specify the following gas compressor mechanical drives and ancillaries; API 616 Gas turbines, HV and LV motors, API 613 speed reducing gearboxes and API 614 dry gas seal systems.
- Has experience with sizing, specify, procurement and installation of API 610 liquid pumps and the associated API 682 mechanical seals systems.
- Experienced in writing scopes of work to allow design packages to be tendered for construction.
- Experience in writing material requisitions for static and rotating equipment.
- Has experience in carrying out technical bid analysis of mechanical equipment with further vendor clarifications reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate mechanical design activities.
- Understanding of asset management principles and machinery condition monitoring systems
- Has experience in carrying out conceptual design and multi criteria analysis of competing mechanical packages and rotating equipment.
- Has working knowledge of welding processes, weld metallurgy, welding procedures, weld inspection techniques, and has utilised API 582 guidelines.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in discipline specific databases and efficient use of word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel and as well-developed report writing skills.
- Computer skills in relevant packages including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- Competent in report writing and public speaking.
- Resolve complex engineering issues and problems and provide cost effective solutions.
- Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and establish preferred concepts. Demonstrating continual improvement in the execution of work.
- Understanding of design deliverables required for Conceptual, FEED and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
- Competently review and comment on vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages and, demonstrate the ability to plan and implement design activities to allow timely availability of and incorporation of vendor information into the design.
- Competently prepare proposals and reports, schedule and plan work effectively and, consistently complete work within budgeted hours.
- Proactive approach in managing design activities to reduce overall project costs and durations.
- Initiate and participate in short-range and/or long-range planning and make independent decisions on engineering policies and procedures within the overall program.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Can mentor young engineers who would like to learn engineering calculations and methodologies.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands Worley Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet Worley and its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Approximately 6 to 8 years , with a minimum of 5 years in an engineering role.
- A recognised Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience, desirable with piping, static and rotating machinery.
- Desirable to have registration as a chartered engineer with the Institution of Engineers.
- Technical and practical experience in static and rotating equipment design and operation.
- Experienced in writing material requisitions for mechanical equipment, piping and valves.
- Experienced in carrying out technical bid analysis of mechanical equipment, piping and valves with further vendor clarifications reports
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance. Demonstrates a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improving Worley HSE performance by applying Oneway
- Demonstrates the behaviour and business practices outlined in Worley Vision.
- Acts in the best interests of Worley at all times.