Senior Mechanical / Piping Design Engineer (International Assignment)
Bechtel | Saudi Arabia, Jubail
- University/College graduate with BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the design of mechanical piping, valves, pressure vessels for chilled water cooling , sea water cooling, oil and gas systems.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3 and 31.8 and associated piping codes and standards
- Strong knowledge in Codes and Standards associated with Mechanical piping infrastructure projects including: ASME, AWWA, API and NFPA.
- Experience in pipe stress analysis and knowledge of CAESER pipe analysis software.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Working within an integrated team with a diverse mixture of nationalities and cultures
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Proven team player across Engineering Dept stakeholders and other internal and external project stakeholders.
- Works effectively within a team and develops meaningful internal and external relationships by building trust, acting with integrity and being approachable.
- Professional/Chartered Engineer preferred.
- Experience with Sea Water Cooling Systems or large power plant condenser water systems.
- Experience with steam distribution systems
- Experience with gas distribution systems
- Experienced in field construction and inspection of mechanical piping systems.
- Understanding of international industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria
- Participates in quality reviews of projects, in accordance with engineering procedures and instructions and Assists supervisor in quality reviews.
- Demonstrates treating others respectfully, fairly and transparently, whether things are going well or when under pressure. Holds others to account when they see these values breached.
- Puts themselves forward to own challenging tasks/ projects. Takes full accountability for effectively prioritizing and managing their own workload, utilizing tools/resources at the appropriate time.
Detailed Job Description:
- The Senior Mechanical / Piping Design Engineer conducts reviews of mechanical systems designs and engineering studies prepared by local and international engineering firms for mechanical piping infrastructure developments of chilled water cooling, sea water cooling, oil & gas, etc, as well as contributing to a compliance inspection program of the Royal Commission Pipeline Corridor. Key job duties include
- Provide guidance and ensure engineering quality design and compliance with client requirements, local design guidelines, local codes, international codes and international standards of independent engineering firms that are carrying out the detailed engineering design.
- Participate in scheduled compliance inspections of industrial pipelines within the Royal Commission Pipeline Corridor.
- Participate in technical inspections of emergency incidents involving industrial pipelines within the Royal Commission Pipeline Corridor.
- Coordinate and visit jobsite as required, to resolve problems, interpret drawings and documents and provide technical support during the construction phase
- Assist in on-the-job training of junior Saudi mechanical engineers
- Represent the client in technical meetings and Value Engineering analysis
- Coordinate with other disciplines, consultants and attend project meetings
- Review contractors shop drawings, technical queries and technical submittals to ensure compliance with design documents