Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our Senior Mechanical Engineer will:
- Design and specify chemical equipment to ASME, API and other international codes
- Perform pressure design and heat transfer calculations
- Work with chemical, instrument and piping engineers to develop new designs
- Prepare technical bid evaluations, review vendor documentation, and work closely with vendors through fabrication and delivery of critical chemical process equipment.
- Travel occasionally to global sites and fabrication shops to provide engineering support
- Basic understanding of metallurgy, welding and fabrication processes
- Use analytical software and industry codes and standards to define equipment designs
- Perform failure reviews of existing equipment to propose upgrades, remedies and replacements.
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or higher degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience
- Technical knowledge of industrial equipment, specifically process heat exchangers, vessels and fired heaters – or desire to learn.
- Skilled in developing equipment design drawings using AutoCAD or equivalent software
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Experience serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards, such as ASME BPVC & B31, TEMA, ASTM & API
- Strong analytical skills and experience with FEA is a plus.
- EIT/PE license or willingness to obtain