Senior Mechanical Engineer
Responsibilities / Duties
In the engineer capacity:
- Ensures drawings and specifications are clear and meet the needs of the business.
- Ensures reviews completed on time and that drawings and specifications are followed by fabricators, constructors and maintenance contractors, when providing inspection.
- Understand and implement “Safety in Design” and “Process Safety” concepts.
- Experienced in Detail Engineering activities of Rotating Equipment and Packages such as Pumps, Blowers, Agitators, packaged Units. (Air Compressors, Cooling Towers, Dryers, Filters, Chemical injection skids, Material Handling units etc.)
- Well versed in Preparation of Equipment Specifications, Data sheets, RFQ, VDR, Quality and Team Checks, Review of Inspection Reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (Written and Verbal) is a must. Frequent communications expected with Equipment Suppliers / Vendors, inter-discipline team members and other engineering centers. Essentially a team player with flexibility and agility.
- Detailed exposure to International Codes and Standards like API, ANSI,
- ASME, ISO etc.
In the project lead capacity:
- Serves as the leader of the project within their discipline. Has accountability for project results and for the implementation of and adherence to all relevant work processes and best practices.
- Drives front end loading to ensure clear scope definition along with establishing plans and schedules to enable adequate control during execution.
- Directs activities within their discipline and coordinates activities with other disciplines.
- Leads the completion of deliverables provided to estimating and reviews output of the estimate to ensure accurate reflection of scope.
- Ensures their deliverables meet the needs of the project including functioning as intended, on time and within budget.
- Leads technical contract package development and supports implementation.
- Drives value engineering and economic designs to ensure the best value is delivered to the business.
- Uses and enforces project change management program.
- Ensures safety in design.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably 10 to 15 years
- Hydrocarbon, Chemical, Oil & Gas industry experience
- EPCs and Pump & Compressor manufacturers.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others