Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Oceaneering | USA, Clear Lake
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support NASA's future lunar exploration activities.
- Work in a team environment to analyze requirements and develop design solutions.
- Implement technical products and systems.
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Produce engineering drawings conforming to applicable standards.
- Perform dimensional tolerance analyses, including thermal effects and GD&T.
- Perform functional, structural and thermal analyses.
- Support design with hand calculations for fit, function, strength and thermal response.
- Present at multiple design reviews.
- Produce other design documentation.
- Perform other tasks assigned.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (8) years of related engineering experience (required years experienced reduced with advanced degrees)
- Experience designing parts and assemblies using 3D CAD modeling software.
- Experience producing drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5.
- Experience applying tolerance analyses, including thermal effects and GD&T.
- Experience with common machine shop processes and rapid prototyping (3D printing).
- Experience with both structural and thermal analysis of parts and assemblies.
- Experience designing test equipment, both hardware and software.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Prior NASA (especially JSC) or aerospace development & manufacturing experience.
- Familiarity with JSC Engineering Drawing System Manual (JPR 8500).
- Familiarity with JSC Fabrication Tolerances and Practices (SKZ36103755).
- Experience designing flight hardware and creating drawings for NASA/JSC.
- Experience using PTC CREO or Pro/Engineer.
- Experience guiding technical design teams and mentoring junior engineers.