Senior Materials Integrity Engineer
ExxonMobil | India, Bengaluru
Supports materials integrity engineering needs across ExxonMobil projects and/or producing/manufacturing operations, including but not limited to:
- Materials Selection
- Non-Metallic Materials Selection
- Welding Metallurgy
- Welding Processes and Quality
- Integrity Management:
- Corrosion Management Systems
- Integrity Chemicals
- Coatings and Linings
- Corrosion Prediction and Monitoring
- Inspection Management System
- Non-Destructive Examination
- Materials Integrity/Failure Analysis
- Fitness for Service
- Stewardship of engineering support center service quality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Technical leadership (formal or informal) in projects and/or producing/manufacturing operations. Applying broad technical and business skills and expertise to solve more complex problems.
- Conducts detailed technical evaluations to address issues with equipment and system design, operation and maintenance.
- Provides pertinent engineering expertise to Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Reviews project and contractor deliverables as requested to ensure compliance with project specifications, Design Practices, Materials Engineering and Integrity Toolkit guidance, and best practices. Documents to be reviewed may include Piping & Instrument Diagrams, Material Selection Diagrams, Materials Design Basis Memorandums (MDBM), data sheets, vendor proposals, and technical studies.
- Participates in design reviews, risk assessments, HAZOPs (Hazard and Operability Analysis), vendor qualification, and vendor bid evaluations as requested.
- Coordination of communication between India based technical support contractors and ExxonMobil projects and/or producing/manufacturing operations including coordination of teleconferences and management of communication and reporting tools (e.g. SharePoint, Meridium, SAP, and Business Focus).
- Supports functional initiatives and maintains discipline documentation pertinent to Upstream and Downstream Facilities.
- Provides technical mentorship to early-career professionals, with emphasis in areas of identified skill gaps. Utilizes depth and/or breadth of experience to identify cross-functional business opportunities. Participates in internal networks through which their capabilities can be disseminated to the benefit of others.
- Proactively and continuously grows discipline’s technical expertise in pertinent technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge (e.g. through participation in industry conferences / forums).
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from a recognized university in Materials Engineering or related disciplines with a GPA of 7.0 or above.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in oil & gas, refining, petrochemical, Liquefied Natural Gas, or related industries.
- Technical skills, competencies, and experiences in the following areas:
broad-based technical expertise within the diverse disciplines of materials & corrosion engineering
strong analytical skills to enable efficient evaluation of large data volumes
familiarity with risk-based integrity management
working knowledge of internal and external corrosion mechanisms common to the upstream oil & gas industry and the corresponding corrosion management options (e.g. Welding, CP (please add full form), chemical treatment, coatings)
experience with applicable Industry codes/standards (e.g. NACE, API, ASTM)
root cause failure analysis and lessons learned capture
- NACE, API, or similar certifications in aspects of materials engineering and integrity management (e.g. Welding, Inspection, CP(Cathodic Protection), inspection).
- Demonstrated ability to interface with engineering disciplines, such as Process, Static/Rotating Equipment, Pipelines, etc.
- Experience in materials engineering and integrity management with an operating company, field service provider, or engineering/technical firm where other similar experiences may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and support client needs.
- Onshore and offshore facilities design; along with direct experience working onsite in oil & gas facilities.
- Tangible breadth of experience in multiple technical disciplines, in addition to depth of knowledge in Materials Engineering.
- Worked as Lead Engineer on Capital Projects.
- Multiple prior assignments that provide a variety of exposure to global oil & gas operations.
- Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills.
- Good understanding of Project Life cycle and department interfaces.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
- Willing and able to travel as required, both domestic and international.
- Flexible to work in shifts.