Senior Maintenance Engineer
Dow | Netherlands, Terneuzen
Responsibilities / Duties
- Serves as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Develops maintenance operating discipline.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Ensures that work requests include engineering input on repair details and if necessary provides onsite/offsite technical support for deviations from this data, for equipment that is critical for the process.
- Ensures repairs, repair techniques and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- Provides maintainability input to Global Project Methodology activities.
- Supports the preventive maintenance coordinator, as required, in reviewing spare parts list for existing equipment.
- Enters quality, service and product performance information into the reporting system.
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- Provides engineering input for work packages to ensure standards are followed, as required. Provides input on development of work orders during development of turnaround work particularly on critical equipment requiring engineering review or input.
- Provides equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for input into equipment purchasing requirements, evaluation of equipment performance, vendor performance, and modifications to MET.
- Completes EH&S orientation and all required training. Exhibits safe work behaviors and works safely without injury or insult to the environment. Fulfills all requirements of the production area and/or maintenance area EH&S.
- Supports Industrial Hygiene and other EH&S work process activities. Incorporates safety considerations in planning and maintenance implementation. Understands impact of process chemistry with respect to materials of construction or lubrication.
- Uses maintenance spending, reliability, and maintenance metrics for assigned area. Understands objectives of the Facility Maintenance Strategy for assigned areas and relevant history of equipment failures.
- Analyzes impact of equipment failures on maintenance spending to identify improvement opportunities. Initiates reliability related MOCs and effectively implement change in own area of responsibility in coordination with appropriate leadership. Understands principles of Long Term Cost of Ownership. Analyzes and troubleshoots maintenance spending in assigned area with coaching.
- Bachelor's degree plus maintenance, engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others