Senior Integrity Engineer
Oceaneering | India, Chandigarh
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of potential Projects by engaging with customers and the wider Oceaneering business.
- Produce winning proposals that highlight the value of Oceaneering's technical offering and optimise the delivery model to make best use of Oceaneering’s Global Resources and state of the art technology
- Perform Engineering studies, detailed site investigations, undertake desktop analysis solve complex problems and develop cost effective engineered solutions.
- After determining the level of risk and where appropriate the root cause, you will assess/manage risks and develop an effective solution. As a specialist you will provide guidance on process-related, operational, and other common excitation sources.
- Communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders at all stages of the project.
- Complete summary reportage and complete all other reportage required for project to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Implement effective Project Management procedures and control all commercial aspects of projects.
- Seek out mentoring and support from other team members.
- Continually support the development of Oceaneering’s technical services, procedures, and technology. Contribute to technical papers and articles for publication in journals and technical publications. Attend conferences and seminars and support technical presentations.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a relevant consultancy Engineering role
- Knowledge of at least one focus area and a broader understanding of the following - Piping/Structures, Piping and Structural Vibration, Fatigue, Static Equipment, Rotating Machinery, Acoustics, Instrumentation, Risk & Reliability, Plant Performance and RBI.
- For the Dynamic Engineering specialism experience in using vibration/dynamic measurement equipment including transducers, analysers, and associated software. Desirable (not essential) - Experience of using software simulation (PSA, FEA, CFD, Acoustic, Surge analysis etc).
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice guidelines (e.g. Energy Institute AVIFF Guidelines)
- Knowledge of damage mechanisms and how to assess, prevent and determine mitigation measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with a dedication to excellence
- Advanced literacy in MS Office and Engineering Software packages
- For the Dynamic Engineering specialism, you should be experienced in all aspects of using vibration/dynamic measurement equipment including transducers, analysers, and associated software. Experience of using software simulation (PSA, FEA, CFD, acoustic, surge analysis etc).
- Develop bids and proposals in support of operations for the Engineering Consultancy Business
- Support relationships with key clients to influence decisions and demonstrate Oceaneering’s capabilities
- Support Oceaneering Integrity Management staff attending trade shows, conferences, professional meetings, and industry forums
- Support the sales function in development and delivery of marketing to prospective clients
- Local and international travel as required including presence at off and onshore worksites as required.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe working environment
- Always promote a strong HSE culture
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- This position may have direct supervisory responsibilities of support staff/sub-contractors during site-based phases of Projects.
Senior Integrity Engineer
Manager - Integrity Engineering
Principal Integrity Engineer
- BSc/BEng / MEng Mechanical Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering or Chemical Engineering/Acoustics/Physics/Metallurgy Related Degrees (Chartered status preferred or at least working towards)
- Note: lesser qualifications may be accepted provided exceptional experience can be demonstrated (e.g. ONC or HNC or NVQ Level 4 in a suitable engineering subject – Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, Engineering Science)
- Experience of working in an Engineering Consultancy environment in a client facing role and managing engineering projects
- Experience in financial control and delivering to budget
- Familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, service quality, and managing customer satisfaction
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of effectively leading projects and teams
- Experience of delivering Engineering Consultancy Projects services across multiple disciplines in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Previous experience of working Globally
Safety and Integrity
- Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment
- Operates in accordance with Company business conduct policies
- Is honest, fair, and trustworthy in all activities and relationships
- Adheres to the highest standards of business ethics
- Encourages others to raise concerns
Vision and Leadership
- Creates clear, simple reality-based customer-focused strategy and goals
- Builds trust and commitment though candid communication
- Energizes and excites others; Is passionate about The Business and The Company
- Strong focus on winning
- Has passion to exceed customer expectations
- Makes and meets commitments
- Accepts responsibility and to be held accountable
- Has a passion for excellence and a focus on execution
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures
Teamwork and Respect
- Promotes teamwork. Open to new ideas
- Participates openly and constructively without alienating others
- Has a global perspective and breaks through “turf” issues?
- Collaborative, works for the good of the team
- Seeks out best practices and puts them to use
- Treats others with respect and candour
- Builds positive work relationships and shares knowledge and encourages the development of others
- Drives standardization and simplification