Senior Integrity Engineer
ExxonMobil | India, Bangalore
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute/ establish/ improvise integrity work processes which include but not limited to:
- Visual inspections management and analysis
- Thickness inspection management and analysis
- Corrosion management and analysis
- Inspection plan development/ optimization
- Integrity assessment/ assurance activities like FFS, Corrosion Evaluations, Remaining Life Studies
- Degradation evaluations related to pressure equipment, heat exchangers, piping circuits, fired equipment, flares, above ground storage tanks, and/or pressure relief devices
- Monitoring and surveillance of integrity parameters to ensure reliable operations
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and integrity recommendation stewardship
- Bad actor identification and analysis to reduce equipment downtime
- Data analytics, digital tools/ technologies and operationalize upgraded work practices through digital transformation
- Overall integrity effectiveness and management which includes, criticality assessments, consequence/ complexity rating of fixed equipment, development of fit-for-purpose risk based strategies, setting optimum task intervals including considerations to local regulations/ statutory requirements, timely review of inspection findings, and ever-greening of strategies.
- Regional oversight and stewardship of integrity work product metrics for quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in achieving business unit/ manufacturing site objectives.
- Coordination and communication between various global centers and business affiliates for various aspects like, knowledge transfer, sharing learnings, skill management and maintaining business relationships.
- Technical mentoring and continuous on-the-job guidance to young engineers in the team.
- Ability to learn and adapt to an agile and flexible working environment, continuously stay abreast of latest developments in industry standards/ practices, bring in leanings/ experience to challenge and improvise existing company work processes/ practices
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a recognized university in Mechanical Engineering, Material Engineering, or related disciplines with GPA 7.0 or above.
- 5-8 years of professional experience in upstream oil & gas production, Liquefied Natural Gas, Refining, and/or Petrochemical.
- Strong verbal/ written communication skills in English, adaptability/ interpersonal skills.
- Certification and/or in-depth working knowledge in API 580, API 510, API 570, API 571, API 653, NACE Senior Corrosion Technologist, BS/ ISO/ EN/ AS Standards, AWS/ CSWIP/ ASNT NDT Techniques.
- Working knowledge in key sections of ASME Sec VIII Div.1/2, ASME Sec V, ASME Sec IX, ASME Sec II, ASME B31.3/ B31.1/ B31.4/ B31.8, ASME PCC-2
- Knowledge in various basic and advanced Non Destructive Examination, techniques including understanding of application areas, limitations, data management and interpretations of results
- Field in-service inspection, and repair of pressure equipment, heat exchangers, piping systems, pressure relief devices and above ground storage tanks in operating unit
- Reviewing/ approving risk based inspection strategies, work scopes, and welding/ major repairs plans.
- Above ground storage tank inspection, inspection data analysis for corrosion rates, API 653 remaining life assessment and risk based inspection plan development (will be beneficial)
- Full cycle risk based inspection implementation for atleast 2 plants/ units including, data collection (coordinating inputs from Process/ Operations/ Engineering/ Maintenance), damage mechanism evaluation, consequence evaluation, risk threshold identification and mitigation rule-set development. Enabling final close-out discussion among all stakeholders to implement RBI, recommendations/ plan and incorporating lessons learnt from the process (will be beneficial)
- Background in mechanical design, selection, fabrication and quality assurance of pressure equipment, heat exchangers, piping systems, valves, and pressure relief devices (will be beneficial)