Senior Industrial/Systems Engineer,
- Develops packages for the UK nuclear infrastructure programme.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for the UK nuclear infrastructure programme.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinates engineering efforts between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantify take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate Systems Engineers.
- Prepare functional/system analysis to define facility/system design requirements.
- Establish means of verifying requirements implementation, including acceptance criteria.
- Prepare system and facility design criteria documents.
- Support system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specification, and requirements flowdown and traceability.
- Perform impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
- Perform assessments to validate and verify implementation and traceability of requirements into design.
- Participate in technical discussions to resolve system design issues.
- Research and document system operations and limits from the review of design and basis documents and from discussions with system designers.
- Perform model-based Systems Engineering using a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) automation tool (e.g. CRADLE by 3SL, IBM® Rationale DOORS® or Innoslate by Spec Innovations).
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Must be knowledgeable on systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, materials, and computers used within the Systems Engineering discipline.
- Must be knowledgeable on project controls within Systems Engineering.
- Must be knowledgeable of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria pertinent to the Systems Engineering discipline.
- Must possess an understanding of systems engineering principles and methods.
- Must be knowledgeable on systems engineering tools, such as CRADLE by 3SL, IBM® Rationale DOORS® or Innoslate by Spec Innovations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or a related field (e.g. Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical or Nuclear Engineering) from an accredited university or college.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an SC security clearance.
- Will have delivered on at least 2 projects from concept through to completion in a systems engineering role
- Will have worked on at least one major infrastructure programme of capital value > £500M.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have experience working with systems engineering tools.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience on nuclear and/or defense projects.
- Experience on large construction projects within the UK.
- International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC--Security Clearance