Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Promote a culture of zero harm within the business and our projects.
- Provide geotechnical engineering knowledge and expertise on projects and pursuits, including geological site reconnaissance, geotechnical site characterization, geotechnical analysis, advanced geotechnical laboratory analysis, geotechnical engineering design, geotechnical owner’s engineering and geotechnical QA/QC inspection, testing and reporting.
- Develop and pursue new business, win work and provide support to bid teams, including presentations, negotiations, proposal preparation inclusive of developing and reviewing engineering cost estimates and schedules.
- Ensure Geoscience team members follow corporate and practice level safety, sustainability, quality, business development, engineering, procedures and processes.
- Support growth of the Geoscience Service Line in accordance with KPI’s and consistent with strategies and plans.
- Monitor project execution with respect to the discipline technical and quality standards, for those projects you are engaged in.
- Attend and lead client meetings, and deliver client and industry facing project presentations.
- Work as part of an integrated delivery team, comprising of other engineering disciplines, professional environmental scientists, project delivery and project support staff on existing and new Advisian/Worley projects.
- Support the development and implementation of geoscience strategies that are consistent with the divisional and regional Geoscience Service Line plans.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering from an accredited institution, including a strong commitment to continuing professional development (CPD).
- Chartered status.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience practicing geotechnical engineering, ranging from pre-feasibility studies through to detailed design and construction.
- Proven track record in pursuing and developing business, winning work and providing support to bid teams, preparing proposals and developing engineering and capital cost estimates.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplined teams in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in effective client engagement, relationships and management.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter, willing and able to work on a wide variety of tasks and to coordinate staff, previous successful experience in a team leadership role is an asset.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct and supervise geotechnical engineering through field investigations to design, and train, mentor and develop junior and intermediate staff.
- Working knowledge of industry standard business support systems, i.e. project planning packages, cost management systems, ISO9001 quality management systems is considered an asset.