Senior Engineer Umbilical Design
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Understand Client needs develop specification for Suppliers.
- Interface with Supplier to evaluate the various proposals
- Interface with project team, engineering teams and SCM
- Support the selection of the Supplier through technical evaluation
- Formulation strong justifications toward client and suppliers to demonstrate compliance of the selected umbilical
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to umbilical, subsea hardware and topside interface.
- Undertake, and check others’, analysis, design and engineering activities associated with Umbilical cross section, umbilical terminations, bend restrictors, cables, medium voltage distribution, flying leads, hydraulic hoses and tubes, general umbilical associated hardware,
- Manage provision of deliverables such as calculations/definition for umbilical core design (hydraulic/electrical), determination of interfaces between MCS/SCS/valves/instrumentation, medium voltage power distribution, single and 3-phase Distribution Systems and Switchgear, etc.
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DnV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
- Be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- Ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Follow-up umbilical design activities, fabrications and testing.
- Ensure his/her work is performed in accordance with the latest HSEQ, DCE suite of documents and Group procedures.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
- Participate as required in events such as Bid Clarifications, Kick off meetings, HIRAs, Design Reviews, etc.
- Use Mathcad and Excel calculation facility to create or check project calculations
- Attend to project audits related to Engineering Activities as and when required.
- Attend to project engineering reviews as and when required.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering Group, the Project Engineering Group, and to colleagues in terms of training and mentoring.
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline.
- Attend to discipline meeting as required.
- Contribute to internal development programs and programs in collaboration with third parties
- Function as Umbilical Package Tender Lead, if required, and will be responsible for supporting the Tendering Manager in bid package for submittal to client.
AUTHORITY / DIMENSIONS:
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy Statement.
- Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles.
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activity.
- Clients for Technical Reviews, and input into tenders and studies.
- Relevant professional bodies and institutions of learning.
- Project Managers / Directors
- Engineering Department Managers
- Project Engineering Managers
- HSEQ, Supply Chain Management, Project Controls and Planning Managers
- Engineering Compliance
- Graduated of Engineering with 8 to 12 years of experience as a minimum in engineering on Oil & Gas related installation conventional projects.
- Sound technical knowledge and proven experience in umbilical engineering, supply, and manufacturing.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
- Ability to prioritise own and others’ workload.
- Ability to manage time and change control accordingly.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, Client and suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints.
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.