Senior Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products.
- Develop, design, build, inspect & tests mechanical components / devices and provides efficient solutions to the development of processes and products.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work. Create and review technical drawings and specifications using computer software.
- Generate working prototypes for testing and demonstration. Develop testing processes, perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods. Communicates across direct organization.
- Conducting experiments methodically, analyzing data and interpreting results.
- Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Connects the dots across technologies and develop cross-technology solutions; works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
- Communicates across the function in area of expertise
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering and 4 years relevant work experience.
- Experience using CAD software such as Creo or similar
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools such as Ansys or similar
- Technical & problem-solving skills, reasoning ability, analytical mind and attention to details
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, heat transfer, materials science etc.
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts and experience designing mechanical components & products