Senior Electrical Protection & Controls Engineer - REA008B
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will support Substation and Transmission projects with focus on electrical protection and control activities.
- Responsibilities include technical execution of complex protection and control project assignments applied to both brownfield and greenfield projects for various clients.
- Includes creation of engineering drawings and documents, calculations, and other miscellaneous deliverables as required.
- Expected to lead and mentor junior team members in executing projects.
- Ability to complete tasks in accordance with project procedures, applicable codes and/or standards, on schedule and within budget.
- Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with other project personnel.
- Acts as a lead engineer responsible for the quality of the deliverables.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment required with ability to work independently or as part of a group when and as required.
- Typically will interface with other departmental staff, project management, and with outside customers.
- Willingness to travel and to accept field assignments preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- BSEE or equivalent with 8+ years experience in protection and control engineering for switchyards and substations including supervisory experience (up to and including 500kV voltage class stations.)
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Computer proficiency required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- AutoCAD and Microstation experience a bonus
- Effective technical and communication skills with the ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate, and timely work
- Experience working in multi-discipline project teams is expected
- Familiarity with utilities in the PJM region a bonus