Senior Electrical Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for product design and engineering; designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. They determines design approaches and parameters; analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests & evaluate results. Common skill sets include Analog, Digital, Mixed Signal, HMOS/MOS/CMOS, PLL, ADC, DAC etc.
- Engaging in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years engineering experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of digital circuit design, low voltage DC-DC power design, control system design, programming, simulation & test.
- Experience in DFM and DFT.
- Knowledge in industrial interfaces, such as USB, Ethernet, wireless, etc.
- Working experience with PWA/PWB and subsystem design techniques for signal integrity and Circuit design and EMC compatible design/solution experience
- Knowledge of UL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs.
- Excellent in Cadence concept HDL.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with Mandarin and English.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated program/project planning capability
- Design for reliability and design for manufacturing experience
- Experience in medical device industry.