Senior Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer
Jacobs | UK, Barrow-In-Furness
Jacobs is recruiting for a Senior EC&I Engineer to support a new, challenging, nuclear project. Based out of the Jacobs North West offices, these roles will support the development of E,C&I systems for new reactor designs. This is an exciting opportunity with a remit for strong technical delivery.
- Degree qualified / Chartered Engineer (or the ability to attain CEng).
- A control system and instrumentation background in a highly regulated domain Familiarity with nuclear reactor technologies, in particular an appreciation of the E,C&I systems for pressurised water reactor designs, would be desirable
- Functional safety knowledge (IEC 61508 or IEC 61513) including the basic concepts of defence in depth design approaches
- Knowledge of the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) Safety Assessment Principles (SAPs) relevant to E, C & I and the associated Technical Assessment Guides (TAGs) 003 and 046
- An understanding of the Claim, Argument, Evidence (CAE) approach to safety case presentation would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the both software and hardware qualification of configurable/programmable systems would be an advantage
- Full project lifecycle experience, including requirements capture and management, Verification and Validation etc
- Project planning experience
- Excellent communication skills, especially written (production of technical reports will be a key part of this role)
- A clear understanding of the difference between requirements and the design
- Comfortable working at a high level but understands what is needed to achieve detailed requirement delivery
- Able to act as, or support the activities of, an “Intelligent Customer” as defined in the ONR SAPs
- Takes responsibility for nuclear safety with the ability to challenge appropriately Works well with others and builds and maintains relationships
- Able and willing to travel domestically as required for the role
Role specific requirements
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution systems for nuclear power plant
- In-depth knowledge of the design of reactor protection systems for pressurised water reactors
- Experience in the development of E, C & I design documents for large scale projects including Basis of Design Documents and Design Guides
- Have the ability to develop E, C & I designs for pressurised water reactors from first principles
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance requirements for pressurised water reactors
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Jacobs:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities
- For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.