Senior Design Engineer (Piping)
Fluor | Russia, Saint Petersburg
This position serves as a Lead on Peschanka project for piping discipline and requires proactive action and interface between RDI (Russian Design Institute) and western design contractor;
- Consulting foreign design contractor on application of Russian Federation regulations and standards;
- Review comments from the Russian Design Institute to the western design contractor;
- Performance calculations to check design solutions for piping;
- Explaining engineering and construction practices in RF (in extreme north and permafrost conditions);
- Assistance during development of Stage-P and Stage-R for Mineral Processing Facilities construction;
- Explaining State Expert Board comments on design documentation;
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines;
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited five (5) year degree and ten (10) years of work-related experience;
- Experience in development of Stage-P and Stage-R submittals for Water Supply Section;
- Proven extensive experience using GOST and relevant Russian piping and material codes and standards governing the design of piping systems in industrial applications in the Russian Federation;
- Detailed understanding of ASME piping code and standards and ASTM material standards;
- Able to apply Russian piping codes and standards to develop piping wall thickness calculations, piping branch connections and all other aspects of piping design and use of various piping components;
- Thorough knowledge of local (Russian) piping procurement, fabrication, installation, and pressure testing practices;
- Intermediate level of English or higher (verbal and written);
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors;
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Ideal candidate would reside in Russia, St. Petersburg or Moscow.