Oceaneering | India, Chandigarh
Duties & Responsibilities
- EVALUATE CUSTOMER INQUIRIES & SPECIFICATIONS AND STUDY ALL INPUTS AVAILABLE FOR A PRODUCT OR DESIGN PROBLEM
- DESIGN EQUIPMENT TO MATCH SPECIFICATIONS; INCLUDES CONCEPT CREATION, DETAILED DESIGN, DESIGN CALCULATIONS, MANUFACTURING DRAWINGS, BILL OF MATERIALS AND PRODUCT RELATED TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
- ESTABLISH DESIGN APPROACH, ESTIMATE TIME FOR EXECUTION AND SCHEDULE THE ACTIVITIES
- REFINE AND IMPROVE PRODUCT DESIGNS BY EVALUATING CURRENT DESIGNS AND DEVELOPING NEW SOLUTIONS
- INTERPRET & USE INDUSTRY CODES & STANDARDS RELEVANT TO PRODUCT BEING DESIGNED
- PERFORM TOLERANCE STACK-UP ANALYSIS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS
- REVIEW DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS, TEST PROCEDURES, ETC. CREATED BY OTHER ENGINEERS
- REVIEW MODELS, DRAWINGS & CALCULATION REPORTS CREATED BY OTHER ENGINEERS
- HANDLE THE TECHNICAL CHANGES AND NEW RELEASES IN PLM/PDM SYSTEMS
- UNDERSTAND AND COMPLY TO ESTABLISHED ENGINEERING PROCESSES
- MONITOR & RECORD PERFORMANCE/HEALTH PARAMETERS RELATED TO PROJECT ASSIGNED, TAKE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS IN CASE OF ANY ANAMOLY OBSERVED, DEFINE/IMPLEMENT PREVENTIVE ACTION PLAN
- COMMUNICATE REGULAR PROGRESS UPDATES TO CUSTOMER
- ASCERTAIN ENGINEERING DELIVERIES WITH REQUIRED QUALITY, WITHIN SCHEDULE
- PARTICIPATE IN DESIGN REVIEWS WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CUSTOMER
- RESOLVE TECHNICAL QUERIES RAISED BY CUSTOMERS OR THIRD-PARTY REVIEWERS, ASSIST DESIGN APPROVAL PROCESS
- EXECUTE MODERATELY COMPLEX DESIGN PROJECTS FROM START TO DELIVERY, TAKES ENGINEERING DECISIONS INDEPENDENTLY
- MENTOR JUNIOR ENGINEERS ON ASSIGNMENTS RELATED TO PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- PREPARE DESIGN PROCESS DOCUMENTS
- CONTRIBUTE TO IMPROVING EXISTING ENGINEERING PROCESSES
- DEMONSTRATES HIGH LEVEL OF INITIATIVE TO ACCOMPLISH INDIVIDUAL OBJECTIVES ASSIGNED AS WELL AS TEAM GOALS
- DEMONSTRATE HIGH LEVEL PROFICIENCY IN ONE OR MORE PRODUCT/TECHNICAL AREAS
- PROVIDE TECHNICAL GUIDANCE ON AREAS OF EXPERTIZE TO OTHER TEAM MEMBERS, ACT AS AN SME
- CAN LEAD/GUIDE/MENTOR A TEAM ON A SPECIFIC TASK/PROJECT
PROVIDE TECHNICAL GUIDANCE ON AREAS OF EXPERTIZE TO OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities. However, will require to guide, mentor or lead other team members on Engineering assignments.
- Graduation (Bachelor’s Degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of four years of relevant industry experience; - OR -
- Post-Graduation (Master’s Degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum of two years of relevant industry experience.
- Intermediate to Expert level user of Solid works and PLM/PDM software
- Strong Knowledge of at least one of the relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & any calculations software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Mentoring Skills