Jacobs | Australia, South Brisbane
About the opportunity
- The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
- Due to a strong pipeline of work in the Northern region, we are currently seeking a Senior Coastal Engineer/Modeller to join our Australian Ports & Maritime team in Brisbane to assist with the continued growth and success of our market position in this space. Our coastal team leads the delivery of a range of interesting national and international projects ranging from coastal resilience programs in the Pacific to complex coastal modelling studies to support major port developments across the region and design of coastal and marine structures.
Here's What You'll Need:
As a senior member of the Ports & Maritime team we would be looking for you to develop and lead coastal engineering/modelling projects to achieve exceptional outcomes for our clients. You would also take an active role in the mentoring and development of our junior members of the team. Additionally, you would have the opportunity work alongside high performing coastal and maritime professionals on a diverse array of coastal management, modelling and engineering projects to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
In addition, the ideal candidate should have: -
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification (minimum bachelor level qualification, post graduate preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Demonstrated experience in leading the delivery of the complex costal engineering and costal modelling projects
- Keen interest to provide innovative solutions for our clients
- Strong capacity to work well within a dynamic, supportive and safe team environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and presentation skills