Bechtel | Australia, Perth
Reporting to the Lead Civil Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical direction and assigning work to engineers, designers, drafters and others who assist in performing specific assignments.
- Generating civil calculations and development of civil designs.
- Planning, coordinating and preparing civil specifications, scopes of work, bid evaluations and award recommendations.
- Reviewing and checking work of other civil engineers.
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of cost estimates and quantity take-offs.
- Performing conceptual designs, studies, reports and proposals.
- Working with construction team to develop designs that are safe and cost effective to build.
- Participate in constructability workshops.
- Answer questions from client or construction group on civil scope within assigned responsibility.
- Supporting the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Complying with and promoting Bechtel (and client’s) safety in design procedures to ensure that the asset delivered by Bechtel can be operated and maintained safely.
You will possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A recognized degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 8 years minimum experience in civil engineering.
- Experience in leading civil design activities and interfacing within a broader multiple discipline project team.
- Experience in the mining and metals industry including mine site earthworks, HV and LV roads, drainage and flood protection preferred.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities in front end engineering studies preferred.
- In depth knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, guides & procedures and codes relevant to civil discipline.
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other discipline teams associated with the total design effort.
- Australian work rights mandatory.