Security Compliance Engineer
Oceaneering | USA, Houston
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform internal and external security audits and assessments.
- Document gaps and POAM (plan of actions and milestones)
- Generate solution design documentation.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 5%
- Additional hands-on cybersecurity tasks will be assigned as secondary duties to the compliance obligations which could include firewall management, design drawings, developing splunk searches and more.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 1 year experience with one or more of the following security systems, including but not limited to: intrusion detection systems, firewalls, identity management, desktop security, content filtering, network access control and vulnerability scanning
- Minimum 6 months exposure to industry standard security framework purposes, structure and assessment with a focus on NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, and GDPR.
- Flexible schedule and occasional travel outside of the U.S.
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Must be able to pass a security background check.
- Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices.
- Written and verbal mastery of the English Language
- Basic knowledge of core networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced skills with word processing software such as Microsoft Word.
- Advanced skills with presentation software such as Power Point.
- Advanced shills with diagramming software such as Visio.
- Degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of PaloAlto security products, Splunk, and Linux would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of data encryption principles, PKI and SSL certificates
- CISSP or CISA certification