Safety Engineer (Huizhou)
ExxonMobil | China, Huizhou
Job Role Responsibilities
- Help setup of SSHE program, such as Loss Prevention System (LPS), Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS) for ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex project execution.
- Serve as the "Safety Champion" and set example for behavior and compliance for both Company and Contractor personnel.
- Participate / support / lead as requested discrete tasks to improve construction management systems, safety, planning, and execution tools.
- Develop/enhance site-specific SSHE related compliance tools.
- Conduct SSHE Training, Orientations, Safety Meeting presentations as applicable.
- Coordinate or lead incident investigations using root cause failure analysis as applicable.
- Monitor, and appraise Construction Contractor(s)' organization, planning, execution and drive improvement plans to close gaps in performance.
- Identify and follow through or drives continuous improvement based on OIMS Critical Verification & Measurement (OCVM) and LPS results.
- Site / business unit representative to respective SSHE Network as applicable.
- Participate in contractor buddy management program as applicable.
- Provide leadership to drive site construction/fabrication safety performance.
- Provide quality assurance / data integrity review of local SSHE data and stewardship reports.
- Plan site emergency response table top drills and stewards action items.
- Share incident learnings and/or safety and risk related lessons learned within project, unit, function.
- Leverage tools to effectively and efficiently execute personnel and process safety, risk, OIMS and Emergency Preparedness and Response practices and programs.
- Detailed understanding of OIMS systems (elements, expectations and guidelines) which may include T1 BP, OCVM, Potentially Higher Risk Activities and Life Saving Actions as applicable.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or above in Engineering / Science / Polymer.
- 10+ years in petrochemical manufacturing, major project or maintenance experience, including 3 - 5 years in SSHE related.
- Experience in international projects, MNC or JV is an advantage.
- Certification preferred (Safety Engineer).
- Be able to use English as working language.