Rotating Equipment Engineer
Optimized Process Designs | USA, Katy
The Rotating Equipment Engineer at Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) will be the subject matter expert (SME). This position will include fulfilling the role as the rotating SME, but will also require part-time assisting other mechanical engineering disciplines as project needs change.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Provide guidance on the design, purchase, installation, and post-construction support for all rotating equipment.
- Review specification sheets, review equipment bids prior to purchase, interact with client experts, and ensure equipment is installed correctly.
- Close rotating equipment action items from pre-purchase review, PHA/HAZOP, P&ID and model reviews
- Assist other mechanical engineering disciplines in areas outside of your expertise (this may include reviewing pipe specifications, reviewing non-rotating equipment, participating in P&ID and model reviews.
SPONSORSHIP IS NOT BEING OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE
- Bachelor' of Science Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
- Five (5) + years of experience as an Engineer working with Rotating Equipment or Reliability with EPC company or end user
- Broad knowledge of applicable ASME codes and API standards
- Deep understanding of the design and operation of centrifugal pumps and compressors, piston displacement pumps and compressors, screw compressors, proportioning pumps, and gear pumps
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision on day to day tasks to meet project goals.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate