EDP Renewables | USA, Houston
Support Risks & Markets department in developing and implementing risk models and policies in North America, focusing in Day-ahead/Real Time electricity markets. These models need to be consistent with the already developed by EDPR in other international markets (Romania, Poland, Italy and Portugal) and in close coordination with EDPR Global Risk and EDP Group Risk policies. Create analysis and supporting data needed to support top management in company’s strategic decisions in new investments, hedging decisions, counterparty risk management, etc.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS
- Day Ahead /Realtime (DART) Modeling – Develop and implement EDPR optimization model for the US, Canadian, and Mexican energy markets in alignment with EDPR DART optimizations for Spanish, Polish, Romanian, Italian, and Portuguese markets.
- Coordination with EDP Group & EDPR Global Risk – ensure compliance with EDP Group systems
- Risk Committee – Lead the preparation of the monthly presentation for the Risk Committee with EDPR’s CEO, CFO and COOs. Attendance and presentation of main analysis done in the North American Platform.
- New investments analysis –Analyze potential risks in new investments (market risk, counterparty credit risk, etc) and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Hedging recommendations – Provide energy and basis hedging recommendations in the US dependent on market development. Analysis of cross-commodity hedging in different markets.
- Counterparty Credit Risk – Support commercial teams in selecting counterparties, defining collaterals & writing new contracts to ensure compliance with EDPR’s counterparty risk policy.
- Cash flow @Risk – Model North America’s cash flow and net income @Risk and integrate it in the aggregated model for EDPR in order to shape risk limits.
- ST Trading Policy – Support Market Ops Team in the implementation of the Short Term Trading Policy (V@R calculation, etc) and follow up of risk position.
- Risk reporting compliance – Manage with other Departments (Market Ops, Finance) regulatory requirements on derivatives reporting (Dodd-Frank, EMIR)
Academic Background: Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics
Languages: Ability to read, write and speak English, Spanish and French fluently, Portuguese a plus
Professional Experience: Six to ten years
Required knowledge: Corporate finance; International Electricity Day Ahead/ Real Time Markets; Corporate finance; Accounting; Statistics
- Experience with EDP Group systems strongly preferred (COMS, SAP Magnitude, Target)
- Optimization expertise, such as using simulation software @Risk or Crystal Ball
- Data modeling and analysis skills (PowerBI, SQL, Python) preferred
- Experience in FTR markets using related software: YES Energy and Dayzer
- A proactive approach on identifying key issues and finding resolution
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
7-10 years: Corporate finance; International Electricity Day Ahead/ Real Time Markets; Corporate finance; Accounting; Statistics