Qatar Petroleum | Qatar, Qatar
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing above all: Excellence.
ASSET (IDD EL-SHARGI)
Primary purpose of job
Undertake Reservoir Engineering studies of the QP operated oilfields to optimize field development plans as well as analyse reservoir and well performance data, develop reservoir surveillance programs and conduct reservoir management activities. Prepare detailed/integrated development plans for underdeveloped hydrocarbon resources, and participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams providing simulation support to all projects. Key to the job is identification of near and long-term reserve and production improvement with reservoir engineering that is expected to be value oriented and in alignment with QP’s business plan.
Experience & Skills
- Prefer 15 years work experience in reservoir engineering activities.
- Experience in transient well test design and interpretation, material balance modelling and performance prediction including decline curve analysis.
- Must have experience in development and management of mature carbonate fields with waterflooding as a secondary recovery method.
- Knowledge in reservoir fluid analysis and PVT properties.
- Working knowledge of dynamic black oil reservoir models.
- Multi-tasking capabilities with willingness to take on work and responsibility outside of classical Reservoir Engineering roles.
- Must be experienced in reserves evaluation, classification, documentation and final booking using SPE-PRMS or SEC standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff and management.
- Must have strong teamwork skills with experience working in a multicultural and integrated environment; must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Desirable to have experience in routine and special core analysis.
- Desirable to have experience in use of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment/management.
- BSc or MSc degree in Petroleum Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Must be experienced in reserves evaluation, classification, documentation and final booking using SPE-PRMS or SEC standards