Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in multi-functional technology teams to provide technical and economic process evaluation of new reaction and separation technology ideas
- Provide a risk/reward analysis of new process concepts.
- Conceptualization of new process designs, and new catalytic/reactor systems/cyclones based on principles of particle technology, fluid mechanics, mass and heat transfer.
- Use reaction/process engineering skills to scale-up new reaction/separation technologies.
- Use simulation tool (Aspen Plus) for the process development.
- Trouble-shoot and make improvements to operations of existing olefin plants.
- Application development of design heuristics with cost estimates to quickly identify critical issues in process designs and technology performance targets to direct research efforts.
- Apply problem solving skills in an R&D environment.
- Demonstrate competency in the use of experimental methods, data handling, and process simulation tools.
- Develop an understanding of competitive technologies.
- Demonstrate competency in laboratory, pilot plant, or in-plant data generation and process development.
- Ability to plan, develop, evaluate, and implement technology using creative and scientifically sound methodology.
- Ensure effective collaboration with R&D, Tech Center, Manufacturing & Engineering, Finance, Commercial, and Engineering Solutions groups.
- Documentation of results in reports and patent disclosures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or other related Engineering disciplines is required.
- 2 of industry related experience is required.
- A PhD in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge in the areas of process design and modeling, process optimization, and process improvement is preferred.
- Candidates from research groups focused on advanced process synthesis, simulation, design, operation, integration, optimization and control, or reaction engineering with hands-on lab/pilot scale experience would be ideal.
- Knowledge of catalysis research and design of new processes around a reactor/regenerator/catalyst system along with knowledge of fluidized catalytic cracking/solids handling/catalyst fluidization/ circulating fluid bed technology is a plus.
- Experience with process modeling software (ASPEN PLUS, MATLAB, Athena Visual Studio, gSOLIDS and JMP) is a benefit.
- Experience in plant operations involving troubleshooting real word problems and developing innovation solutions preferred.
- Experience as a manufacturing representative or process engineer with project design and implementation preferred.
- Experience with process control strategy development and the ability to read code to troubleshoot problems preferred.
- The candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must work effectively in multi-functional environment to understand, communicate, coordinate, and implement business objectives.
- Demonstrated drive to document findings
Note: Domestic relocation assistance may be considered for this position.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others