Reportability Permits Engineer
Bechtel | Chile, Santiago
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Performs work, generally within one discipline, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features.
- Participates in one or more of the following:
a) Equipment design and development
b) System design, including concept sketches and layouts
c) Testing of materials
d) Preparation of specifications and design calculations
e) Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
f) Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports
g) Prepartion or review of material quantity estimates
g) Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
Prepares letters for replies to vendor correspondence.
Monitors project controls within discipline
Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity, and prepares comments and recommendations.
Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Knowledge of project controls within discipline.
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or a related scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
A professional Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license from a recognized licensing board, OR
A sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND
Developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.