Key Job responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Build close working relationships with facilitators in Operations as a mentor to guide teams on work processes and investigations that identify and mitigate risks and performance issues affecting reliable and sustainable asset performance.
• Use historical operations, reliability and maintenance data in analytical tools and studies to educate business units and project teams on Reliability processes to sustain and improve asset performance.
• Facilitate threat prioritization and assessment with business units to determine needs, assess risk, provide direction, and bring closure to reliability issues.
• Demonstrate fluency in the application and use of Reliability tools and analytical processes, including but not limited to any of the following: Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), streamlined Reliability Centered Maintenance (sRCM), Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM) modeling, and/or Life Cycle Cost analysis.
- Identify and validate Bad Actor candidates using Meridium queries and cost data for Rotating Equipment, Fixed Equipment, Instrumentation, Electrical, & Analyzer disciplines.
• Provide consultation and interpretation to business units and asset teams on the results from the output of Reliability tools and techniques.
• Lead/facilitate Design for Reliability (DFR) practices for capital projects.
• Facilitate Intensive Process Review (IPR) and Reliability Opportunity Identification (ROI) meetings,
• Participate in turnaround planning, investigations during execution, and look-back studies.
- Develop and/or assist development of Life Cycle Plans for key Solomon units
• Serve as a liaison between the Richmond Refinery and the Global Manufacturing Reliability Center of Excellence in matters involving standardization of Reliability tools and processes across the refining system.
- Ability to anticipate, assist, and respond quickly to area business needs that affect safe and reliable operations.
• Collaborate as a strong team player, working effectively, cooperatively, and sharing knowledge and skills with others.
• Work independently with minimum supervision, self-starting and proactive, and has strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to make effective presentations to a wide range audience including management, technical, and non-technical personnel.
• Ability to proactively lead targets of opportunity for customers and recommend practical solutions that result in improved business performance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Data Science.
- 2 years of Complex Process Facility experience.
• Master’s in Reliability Engineering.
- Project development/project management experience.
• Knowledge of Reliability processes, use of analytical tools, ability to lead/facilitate and communicate reliability improvement efforts among engineering, operations, maintenance, and reliability disciplines.