Air Liquide | USA, Upper Mount Bethel
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA
The Reliability Engineer position is a high impact position located at two of Air Liquide Advanced Materials locations that are critical to the supply chain for ALAM’s customers. This role will play a critical part in implementing reliability practices for maintaining equipment, identifying areas of improvement, leading projects to reduce process downtown and leveraging site learning across ALAM’s global footprint.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bring the company motto of “Do it Safe, Do it right, The first time” into all decisions and actions.
- Investigate and analyze plant equipment failures by collecting failure causes, process data and equipment information. Develop and recommend solutions in design, maintenance procedures or equipment selections.
- Work with Maintenance, Operations, Safety and Quality departments to identify gaps in reliable plant, equipment, process operations or procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance procedures for new and existing equipment including detailed task descriptions and schedules.
- Support plant maintenance and operational groups by providing technical guidance on equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Collect equipment data from drawings, equipment manufacturers, and plant floor installations to improve and optimize existing equipment data systems including:
Engineering Bill of Materials
Instrument and Equipment Data sheets
Electronic Maintenance system
- Analyze uptime data and CMMS failure data to drive reliability improvements.
Analyze equipment history, including auditing data accuracy, and follow-up with Technicians.
Provide support for root cause failure analysis (5-Whys) for critical equipment failures, including physical failure analysis.
Ensure correct information is entered into the CMMS system with a unique ID, with a complete description, proper codes, and data fields, etc.
Provide appropriate metrics, for example Mean Time between Failure (MTBF), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), maintenance costs, etc.
- Lead projects to implement improvements in process or equipment reliability. Ensure management of the change process is followed and all required tasks are completed.
- Determine critical spare parts for plant equipment and appropriate stocking levels.
- Successfully complete all required training.
- BS Eng (ME, EE, ChE)
- 3+ years of system based reliability management in Semiconductor, Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience generating and analyzing critical KPI’s including MTTR, MTBF, Total Maintenance cost per asset.
- Experience developing maintenance PM procedures
- Experience leading failure analysis and training maintenance personnel to participate in failure analysis.
- Experience with predictive maintenance using, vibration analysis, Oil analysis, thermal analysis and Operating parameter analysis.
- Understanding of Asset hierarchy structures
- Experience in driving towards zero unplanned downtime.
- Ability to lead root cause investigations on unknown systems.
- Experience writing root cause investigation reports with clear executive summaries and clear action items and recommendations.
- Generation of critical spare part recommendations based on historical data and uptime versus cost requirements.
- Valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship
- Shop floor experience with maintenance and operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of high purity gas installation techniques, and practices a plus.
- Experience with eMaint
- Experience training Maintenance technicians to utilize CMMS
- Knowledge and training in Six Sigma/LEAN