R&D Electrical Engineer, Sr
Halliburton | USA, Houston
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, acts as a technical lead on projects, as required, by establishing development plans and approving design documents.
- Evaluates project risks and provides input to project leads to develop mitigation strategies.
- Strong background in embedded systems; C/C++ code development for microcontrollers
- Keen understanding of real time operating systems (RTOS) and use of source code repository systems
- Proficiency in using debuggers and emulators
- Knowledge of embedded system architecture such as the Linux kernel and application layers, files systems and libraries
- Deep knowledge of communication protocols such as SPI, CAN, Ethernet, GBIP, I2C, etc.
- Working knowledge in developing PC applications using C# or equivalent for basic test routines / data acquisition
- Ability to use advanced lab equipment to troubleshoot firmware bugs in a complex system
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Knowledge in hardware description languages such as VHDL or Verilog
- Basic knowledge of analog, digital and mixed signal circuits
- Ability to produce technical reports, specifications, devise test plans, document results and specify manufacturing test systems
- Uses engineering tools, test specifications and assessment of Health, Safety and Environment requirements during the design process.
- Uses software tools or applications to perform routine analysis to predict reliability and performance.
- Contributes to Halliburton’s Intellectual Property portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions.
- Creates an impactful relationship with Halliburton’s technical community, customers, and vendors by proactively collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participates in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 4 years of related experience. Completion of a masters degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.