Oceaneering | Netherlands, Utrecht
Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Engineer assists with defining the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements within the core processes of Oceaneering’s quality culture. He/She is also involved in ensuring, that the manufacturing processes for all projects are executed within those guidelines. Responsibilities include identifying, following, and helping to speedily resolve quality issues to ensure zero impact to the customer. He/She will work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste, and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer and company requirements. He/She is responsible for participating in multiple complex projects requiring innovative original solutions where results are key to successful completion of these projects. This position works independently with minimal supervision.
- Support the strategic plan of the business
- Support quality initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements
- Review/analyze the effectiveness of improvement programs and/or tools, using PDCA, Six Sigma, Kaizen and/or Lean Techniques
- Support the development of quality engineering and quality compliance with the right skill sets for new product introductions, and product life cycle management.
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the corporate and division specific Quality Management system (QMS)
- Lead and/or provide support to continuous improvement initiatives and training on continuous improvement, as requested, by other functional departments.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure requirements, that are defined as Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) and/or Critical-to-Process (CTP) are defined, understood, aligned with current capabilities, and are managed to ensure conformance
- Review and approve drawings and engineering change orders as part of the system workflows, where applicable
- Manage all quality-related issues within the product team (e.g. Internal, supplier and/or customer)
- Lead problem solving initiatives on supplier component concerns
- Visit suppliers to resolve product performance concerns
- Collect data and execute/conduct various analytical/statistical analysis and interpretation as part of process improvements and day-to-day support.
- Stop production or assembly in the event of manufacture of unacceptable product or process
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate status or instructions
- Work with other quality engineers of each division, as needed, to create collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Additional duties or special projects as required
- Travel may be required
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to the Quality Assurance Manager
- HBO degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of quality control experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in an ISO9001 QMS
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language, in word and writing
- Experience with MS Office
- Strong written communications (investigation reports, business correspondence and/or creating work instructions)
- Ability to interpret, and explain with clarity, complex mechanical design drawings and documentation
- Must be able to perform well both autonomously and in working with teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies
- Practical experience in problem solving and root cause analysis methods