At National Oilwell Varco (NOV) we know that our greatest asset is our employees. With more than 600 locations across six continents, NOV is growing and so are the employment and career opportunities. NOV is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. In addition to the career opportunities, NOV offers very competitive benefits. We seek a dedicated individual who wants to turn their professional ambitions into personal achievements. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Wellbore Technologies is recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join our team at our Cedar Park, Texas location.
As our QA Engineer, you will provide leadership and direction in quality assurance support for manufacturing operations. Provide quality information in support of achieving organizational goals. Develop inspection procedures and training for the staff of the quality department. Develop working relationships with operators, engineers, managers and other personnel.
- Design and install quality control process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques.
- Design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Analyze production limitations and standards.
- Recommend revision of specifications when indicated.
- Formulate or assist in formulating quality control policies and procedures. Develop the economics of any quality control program when required.
- Devise sampling procedures and design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Prepare reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
- Prepare and present technical information to team members and management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Provide support to manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain
- Develop training for the staff of the quality department
- Effectively utilize personal influence to accomplish preventive and corrective action
- Conduct quality audits
- Develop working relationships with operators, engineers, managers and other personnel
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the site Quality Management System based on ISO 9001, and API Q1
- Provide input into organizational quality-related goals and objectives
- Analyze data to identify process and product improvement opportunities
- Lead efforts to implement identified improvements
- Drive efforts to reduce Cost of Quality
- Provide responsive quality support for assigned areas of the manufacturing operation
- Perform Quality System internal audits
- Observe safety regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or reports them to supervisors.
- Perform other duties when assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Scientific discipline
- ASQ Certifications in Quality Engineering, Six Sigma or Auditing preferred
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Management Systems to include ISO 9001
- Experienced in a manufacturing environment
- Strong background in analyzing manufacturing quality data, identifying opportunities, and implementing improvements
- Ability to generate procedures and work instructions that comply with ISO 9001, API Q1 and API Q2 standards
- Ability to interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications
- JD Edwards MRP and Oracle ASCP experience strongly preferred
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of machining, fab & weld, and electromechanical assembly is a plus
- Experience in Hazardous locations requirements and/or API Q1/Q2 is a plus
Job Specific Competencies:
- Results oriented
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Passion for excellence