- Plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Design and install quality control process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques.
- Design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Analyze production limitations and standards.
- Recommend revision of specifications when indicated.
- Formulate or assist in formulating quality control policies and procedures.
- Develop the economics of any quality control program when required.
- Devise sampling procedures and design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establish program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Review all purchased products or components and provide input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Prepare reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
- Prepare and present technical and program information to team members and management.
- Direct technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor internal and external requirements for potential upgrade or improvement opportunities
- Mange one of more quality system processes: Internal Audit; Corrective / Preventive Action Requests; Product Corrective Action Requests; Root Cause Analysis; Customer Feedback; Supplier Quality; Nonconforming Reports
- Maintain production processes through monitoring, audit, training and improvement
- Identify deficiencies and improvements in work instructions, procedures and other documentation for all processes of the facility
- Oversee the quality related processes for the cells and cell Quality Specialists/Engineers to ensure continual compliance to procedures and requirements
- Provide assistance and guidance for design submittal activities, data book preparation, and product certification issues.
- Research, resolve, and provide support to internal and external customers for quality assurance issues.
- Quality experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Can manage multiple priorities
- Manufacturing process and product knowledge
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of Quick Response Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma techniques is desirable
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 + years of experience as a Quality professional