LyondellBasell | UK, Warrington
- Assisting in identifying and contributing towards delivering internal quality performance improvements and continuous improvement.
- Assistant to the Quality Manager in managing quality systems ensuring these remain up to date and current.
- Performing internal audits and customer audits and in developing the quality systems as directed.
- Function ensures the quality of A. Schulman products are maintained and has authority to stop production where non conformity arises.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Quality manager and other department managers to help ensure that business processes and documents are documented, maintained and compliant with appropriate standards (ISO 9001, TS 16949 or as directed by the Quality Manager)
- Assisting and leading internal, customer and third party audits. Assisting and leading supplier & customer quality and development activities, audits, completing questionnaires and identifying, analysing and reporting on KPI’s.
- Identifying and leading as appropriate continuous improvement and in the standardisation of quality engineering systems, processes and procedures. This is most significantly working with Site operations
- Provide back up for Quality administration processes as directed by the Quality site manager
Education & Qualifications
- Graduate in a science or manufacturing discipline.
- A-level science / engineering
- Formal training in Quality management, Lean manufacturing and auditing. Trained auditor in ISO/TS industrial standards for manufacturing and environmental audit.
- Minimum 5 years within manufacturing sector, preferably automotive and polymer related.
- Must be competent and experienced in the day to day use of the core Quality tools.
- Experienced auditor in ISO/TS industrial standards for manufacturing and environmental audit.
- Experience of Quality systems, ISO and TS.
- Computer literate and an organized administrator.
- Ability to produce control plans, FMEA and to identify and deliver continuous improvement working closely with all department heads..
Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving: Ability to perform complex problem solving using standard lean techniques and to identify permanent preventative actions – 8 D, 5 Why, Ishikawa as examples. Ability to lead problem solving activities and to facilitate inter department problem solving. Must be competent and experienced in the day to day use of the core Quality tools.
- Guidance & Leadership: Ability to lead teams and to assist in CI and problem solving activities with departmental teams. This will include teaching and mentoring activities to communicate the major elements of quality assurance to technical and non-technical people. The ability to facilitate and to overcome barriers to improvement is vital.
- Communication: Effective and experienced communicator in written and verbal forms both internally within the site, internally within A Schulman and externally with customers, stakeholders or accreditation bodies.
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity