Jacobs | UK, Gloucester Brighouse Court
As a Quality Assurance Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the portfolio.
- Carrying out surveillances to the agreed plan,of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, polices & procedures.
- Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the mark-up of Quality Plans, Quality Programmes and Project Definition Documents as part of the IDP process.
- Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and sub-contractors on or off site as required.
- Acting as a champion for Quality Assurance by:
- Ensuring the project activities comply with Corporate Quality standards & procedures
- Acting as first point of contact for advice on Quality Plans and Quality arrangements
- Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle.
- Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates by establishing and maintaining links with Investment Delivery Quality Lead and the Quality Peer Group.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
- Assisting in maintaining supplier & contractor quality arrangements; including monitoring of their quality plans, method statements and other procedures.
- Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
- Maintaining and logging of surveillance close outs, non-conformities and associated trend analysis.
- Complete a monthly report on quality performance identifying good practices and any deteriorating trends to the PPM or equivalent Group Head and the ID QA and Process Lead.
- Supporting the PPM or equivalent Group Head with governance checks on the quality aspects of IDP Gate approval submissions.
- Assisting with document control issues, including project close out and archiving activities.
- Take part in improvement workshops to support continual improvement when required and made available by the PPM or equivalent Group Head.
Here's What You'll Need:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
ISO9001 Internal Auditor Training completed. Certification as IRCA Auditor/Lead Auditor desirable.
Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods and processes. This should include experience of Quality Management in a Project or Programme environment within central corporate technical engineering/support functions. Ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments. Should be aware of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance.
Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management standards and guidelines including the current versions of BS EN ISO09001
Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA GC-R-3, BS EN ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
Leadership Competencies required
Safety - Safety is EDF’s Number 1 priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible manner. Whilst Safety is not a behavioural competence, it must underpin everything we do and the behavioural competency statements within this document should be read with this in mind.
- Business Acumen:
- Challenge and Change:
- Decision Making:
- Leadership Values:
- Building Relationships:
- Leading through Teamwork:
- Open Communication:
- Developing Self and Others:
- A competitive reward package.
- Work life balance
- We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As a 52,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
For your peace of mind:
- We offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection, life assurance and private medical benefit. - To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Note to applicants:
- This advert is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake. A full job description is available on request.
- Travel costs for non-local candidates are not paid.
- You may be expected to attend client site normal working hours Monday to Friday – 40hrs per week:
- Please provide a travel plan to Gloucester to undertake this role including salary expectation and current notice period in your cover Letter with your application