Quality Engineer - Cedar Park, TX
- Design and install quality control process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques.
- Design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
- Analyze production limitations and standards.
- Recommend revision of specifications when indicated.
- Formulate or assist in formulating quality control policies and procedures. Develop the economics of any quality control program when required.
- Devise sampling procedures and design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Prepare reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
- Prepare and present technical information to team members and management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Provide support to manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain
- Develop training for the staff of the quality department
- Effectively utilize personal influence to accomplish preventive and corrective action
- Conduct quality audits
- Develop working relationships with operators, engineers, managers and other personnel
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the site Quality Management System based on ISO 9001, and API Q1
- Provide input into organizational quality-related goals and objectives
- Analyze data to identify process and product improvement opportunities
- Lead efforts to implement identified improvements
- Drive efforts to reduce Cost of Quality
- Provide responsive quality support for assigned areas of the manufacturing operation
- Perform Quality System internal audits
- Observe safety regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or reports them to supervisors.
- Perform other duties when assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Scientific discipline
- ASQ Certifications in Quality Engineering, Six Sigma or Auditing preferred
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Management Systems to include ISO 9001
- Experienced in a manufacturing environment
- Strong background in analyzing manufacturing quality data, identifying opportunities, and implementing improvements
- Ability to generate procedures and work instructions that comply with ISO 9001, API Q1 and API Q2 standards
- Ability to interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications
- JD Edwards MRP and Oracle ASCP experience strongly preferred
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of machining, fab & weld, and electromechanical assembly is a plus
- Experience in Hazardous locations requirements and/or API Q1/Q2 is a plus
Job Specific Competencies:
- Results oriented
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Passion for excellence