Quality Assurance Engineer
Sulzer | USA, Chattanooga
- Reviews and approves related order processing documents as required
- Reviews and provides comments on customer purchase order or factory order package
- Prepares and approves customer documentation per customer purchase order requirements
- Reviews and revises quality assurance procedures as required
- Assists in internal audits and evaluates quality program effectiveness
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards
- Performs other duties as necessary
- May train, assign, and check work of Quality Technician and Inspector
- High school diploma or equivalent required, degree in engineering or closely related field preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in quality assurance functions strongly preferred
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, SAP knowledge preferred.
- Strong manufacturing knowledge
- Nuclear experience preferred
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Strong knowledge in ASME Code and/or ISO 9001 Standard, and ASTM, AISI, and etc, requirements
- Ability to perform duties at a fast and demanding pace while maintaining accurate records
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions