- Plan, schedule and perform procurement activities in accordance with operating guidelines supporting company objectives regarding inventory, sales volume, product cost, scheduling, timely delivery, and customer requirements.
- Identify and select primary and secondary suppliers
- Maintain effective and proper relations with suppliers or their representatives.
- Place orders and determine requirements from engineering and production schedules
- Verify the purchase orders and keep PO status up to date.
- Monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle, and maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Expedite the filing of orders by supplies to meet production.
- Administer basic procurement functions such as maintaining more than one source of supply, verifying that planned purchase orders link to demand, suggesting changes or adjustments in quantities to take advantage of price breaks and trends.
- Release new requisitions as necessary for quotations and procurement to support required delivery of component parts or services.
- Participate in initiatives that will reduce the length of the supply chain, improve fill rates, and optimize inventory.
- Regularly update safety stock levels, order minimums and order multiples in the system.
- Keep the Order Management Coordinator aware about changes in the delays at work centers/machines and/or routers that would affect the lead time of the part so that the system can be kept up to-date.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company, departmental and HSE procedures and policies.
- Study drawings, material specifications and quality clauses to develop raw material & vendor for new products
- Resolving supplier’s technical issues within scope of acceptance or get it solved through Engineering
- Supplier Rating & Vendor Performance
- Getting 8D Reports from supplier in case of non-conformance
- Arranging Quality training for suppliers to make them understand NOV’s quality requirements.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates first articles with qualified vendors and maintains close coordination with Engineering to meet timely execution of product sourcing.
- Recommend vendors and participate in qualifying them before order issuances
- Perform data analysis and present results (tools- MS suite, R, Minitab etc.) to management as assigned
- Manage process improvement, cost savings projects & OTD initiatives
- Participate in interdepartmental projects/activities as assigned
- Apply best practices to maintain NOV guidelines regarding price, service, quality, and delivery.
- Attend training activities as assigned by management Participate in departmental meetings as required.
- Escalate issues and potential resolutions to Supervisor as appropriate.
- Perform work such that a perpetual state of audit readiness is maintained.
- Participate in internal audits as required.
- Vendor Quality & On-Time Delivery Performance
- Cost & Lead Time reduction Initiatives
- Inventory Management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- DME with minimum 5 year’s experience or Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years experience with emphasis in purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP system required.
- Knowledge of ISO, API, ASTM Material Standards required.
- Knowledge of Casting, Forging, Heat Treatment process and raw material procurement required.
- Knowledge of machining, Special coating & other manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Inventory Management
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong communication in English (Both Verbal and Written)
- Strong time management and analytical skills