Oceaneering | USA, Clear Lake
Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and/or develops test requirements and evaluates test results in order to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Will perform and review engineering trade studies, analyses, test plans, and other engineering documentation such as requirements, procedures, analyses, and test reports.
- Performs and reviews trade studies and analyses that influence the overall propulsion system design and performance.
- Leads analyses and testing to determine that compliance requirements are met.
- Works with team members to identify risks, develop risk statements, and help them plan risk responses.
- Maintains a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Knowledge of methods for liquid propulsion systems for space vehicles.
- Knowledge with chemical propulsion applications including monopropellant hydrazine.
- Knowledge of test principles, tools, and processes needed to develop test requirements.
- Knowledge of propulsion system design, analysis principles, tools, and processes.
- Knowledge of certification and/or qualification processes and procedures.
- Experience in testing of propulsion system or their components for integration on a flight vehicle.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Ability to perform propulsion design integration tasks within a team environment. Able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience with NASA/JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering software products.